My husband loves to eat this Cauliflower Chowder on his Low Carb/Keto Diet. It is very filling and warms the soul, especially on a cold day in Wisconsin. This recipe is also naturally GF and Egg Free. It is loaded with gut-healing bone broth and lots of fresh vegetables. We cook and blend some of the vegetables, and return it to the pot to make it thicker, and to make sure your kids will eat some of the vegetables, whether they know it or not! It is not low fat, but it’s super delicious, filling, and wholesome.
- Blendtec Blender
- 2 Head of Cauliflower
- 5 Carrots Medium
- 3 Celery Stalks
- 1 Onion Medium
- 3 cloves Garlic Minced
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 1 pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1 pack Bacon
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Ground
- Add broth and water to a large pot and bring to a boil
- Cut florets off one head of cauliflower and add to boiling broth. Cook until tender.
- Thinly slice onion, 3 carrots, and celery stalks, then saute in a pan over medium-high heat
- Cut small florets off second head of cauliflower, then peel and dice remaining 2 carrots
- Add sauteed vegetables, cooked cauliflower from the pot, and about 1 cup of the broth to a blender and puree.
- Add raw cauliflower and diced carrots to the broth and cook for about 7 minutes until tender.
- Add pureed mixture to the pot and stir to combine.
- Cook pack of bacon (extra crispy) while the contents of the pot simmer. Set grease from bacon aside in a glass measuring cup (need around ¼ cup)
- Add ¼ cup bacon grease to the pot and stir to combine
- Add Heavy Whipping Cream and black pepper to the pot and stir to combine.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon